40 Breeder Stocking

orange50

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I just set up my first saltwater fish tank, a 40-gallon breeder. I have just finished my cycle and am now thinking about stocking.

Proposed stocking list:

1. 2 Clownfish
2. Sleeper Goby
3. Cherub Angel
4. Purple Firefish

CUC - Astrea and Cerith snail, blue leg hermits, and a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Are there any additional utilitarian or shoaling fish I can add? I am interested in Chromis. However, I am most interested in utilitarian fish.

I do eventually plan to add soft corals once everything is stabilized.
 
Algae or bicolor blenny are good fish.

Maybe a sixline wrasse, although sometimes can be real jerks. Yellow coris wrasse might be better.
 
Hi, congratulations on your first tank, a recommendation for the CUC
Nassarius snail
Tiger conch
Sandbed starfish
 
Algae or bicolor blenny are good fish.

Maybe a sixline wrasse, although sometimes can be real jerks. Yellow coris wrasse might be better.
I was interested in both an algae blenny and a yellow coris wrasse. Will the algae blenny fight with the sleeper goby? Will remove the purple firefish and add the wrasse.
 
I was interested in both an algae blenny and a yellow coris wrasse. Will the algae blenny fight with the sleeper goby? Will remove the purple firefish and add the wrasse.
Can’t say for certain, it’s a peaceful fish and usually perches on rocks versus living in the sand. Any aggression is possible every fish is unique.
 
I was interested in both an algae blenny and a yellow coris wrasse. Will the algae blenny fight with the sleeper goby? Will remove the purple firefish and add the wrasse.
I have a sleeper goby with a blenny in my 32, no issues
 
Algae or bicolor blenny are good fish.

Maybe a sixline wrasse, although sometimes can be real jerks. Yellow coris wrasse might be better.
No to a sixline wrasse. They can be prety agressive. Otherwise you stocking would be fine. Chromis too. An algea or bicolor blenny is also good. If you are to add a wrasse get a yellow coris.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new