What fish enjoy swimming through the whole tank and the rock structures? My clownfish act like hermits...

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish only swim in 2 corners of my tank. I know they're not there to entertain me all day, but they sorta are....lol! Any who, I have a 32 gallon tank and eventually will get 2 more fish. What fish love to swim around the WHOLE tank and/or enjoy swimming through the rock structures?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I'd say wrasse and tang are the best bet. Not compatible with all tanks though!

Upvote 0

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had advice on what to buy, I don’t.

But I have 4 damsels. Biggest scaredy cats in the tank...hide in the rocks all day. Maybe it’s because I have 4, and they stick to their 4 corners of the tank to not bother each other. They practically host their corners of the rock. Sometimes it looks like nothing is in the tank. (4 damsels and a mantis) all hiding away. Would not recommend if you want to see a lot of movement. I have yellow tails, might just be them.

Upvote 0

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a 32g biocube.i think guys and girls
D
Good to know, guess I should read more carefully :) Not a lot of small fish are super active in the rockwork as they have evolved to not get eaten by either hiding or living in schools. Neither of which fish swim through the rockwork a lot.

Upvote 0

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with @Mightythias on this one - sort of. It's too small for a Tang.... way too small. I have a very active 6 line.... she's bright, pretty and always looking around the tank for pods and snacks. I used to have firefish, they are easily spooked and tend to jump to their death. When they do come out, they are stunning. Chromis are the most boring fish I own.
Out of the box... what about adding an urchin? They are very entertaining.... you can get them hats to wear and they pick stuff up and move it around the tank. LOL.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had advice on what to buy, I don’t.

But I have 4 damsels. Biggest scaredy cats in the tank...hide in the rocks all day. Maybe it’s because I have 4, and they stick to their 4 corners of the tank to not bother each other. They practically host their corners of the rock. Sometimes it looks like nothing is in the tank. (4 damsels and a mantis) all hiding away. Would not recommend if you want to see a lot of movement. I have yellow tails, might just be them.
Lol!!! You have a bunch of homebodies...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, guess I should read more carefully :) Not a lot of small fish are super active in the rockwork as they have evolved to not get eaten by either hiding or living in schools. Neither of which fish swim through the rockwork a lot.
Aaaaaah.....didn't know that. Good to know!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with @Mightythias on this one - sort of. It's too small for a Tang.... way too small. I have a very active 6 line.... she's bright, pretty and always looking around the tank for pods and snacks. I used to have firefish, they are easily spooked and tend to jump to their death. When they do come out, they are stunning. Chromis are the most boring fish I own.
Out of the box... what about adding an urchin? They are very entertaining.... you can get them hats to wear and they pick stuff up and move it around the tank. LOL.
Hmmm.....I'm intrigued by the urchin. That's not something I've researched at all and know nothing about them. Google here I come!!!

Upvote 0

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.....I'm intrigued by the urchin. That's not something I've researched at all and know nothing about them. Google here I come!!!
Urchins are awesome. They eat a ton of algae, and are super entertaining. They also eat corraline which while some don’t like, I do because it becomes excessive in a successful SPS tank.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back