What fish for 29g FOWLR??

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a 29g FOWLR with the leftover live rock and 150w MH I had laying around and want to do a fish dominant display. It's more for people who come over to enjoy so I'm looking for color and "coolness" instead of rarity and bragging rights. The only corals that will be in the tank are hitchhiking polyps that were on some of the live rock.

It will be a while before the tank is ready for fish, but I need some ideas. I was thinking a flame angel but not sure how territorial they really are.

Please send some recommendations my way!

IMG_4754.jpg

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like springer's damsels. You can't beat the great vibrant blue they are, but of course come with a bit of the damsel attitude too. They stay small so they should do fine in a 29 gallon. Flame angels are ok if you only have 1 per tank or a very large tank as each will want generally at least 50 gallons on their own.

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've got a flame in a 29. also a hippo tang thats about the size of a quarter. little clownfish. chromis. 6-line. and a coral beauty. BUT...this tank is also connected to my main tank and frag tank so its a total volume of about 140 gallons. I would not put that many fish in just a 29 gallon tank. and as soon as the hippo gets bigger he's moving to my main tank.

I would say a little lionfish would be cool. Always wanted one of those and if I didn't have a little yellow assessor, I'd probably have a lion in my main reef tank. Just don't want to risk that poor little guy getting eaten!

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you added a DSB you could get a bluespotted jawfish. They're super cool, have great personalities, and are pretty to look at :) Otherwise I would vote for a bunch of small gobies and blennies, including a goby/pistol pair.

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love my pistol and goby i have them in my 125 so sometimes i dont see them but usually there out the backside of the rock they live under i wish they would have waited untill i got my rock right to setup there house lol

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back