What gobies can go in a 10 gal?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sadly, my local petco doesnt have them, but here is my possible fish list: royal gramma(prob wont because they will prob murder my clown), black or yellow or citron clown goby, maybe a green banded goby, maybe a firefish, and a second clown
do not get from petco unless you have a good QT. Maybe get something from TSM or Dr Reef

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why would you get one for it then? even the "easier" sand sifting stars will starve pretty fast in a tank that small. Maybe consider some naccarius or cerith snails to stir the sand-bed
not sand sifters, Im getting micro brittle starfish, they grow to the size of a quarter or two

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are all pairs. I have never had two of them that didn't spawn. I think they can change to whatever they want to be.
no, not at all.

Main Female > Main Male > Lesser Males

Female dies or there is no female the main male becomes female forever, there is no going back

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sand sifters, Im getting micro brittle starfish, they grow to the size of a quarter or two
oh, they should be okay. Sometimes they are just a mislabeled juvenile of some larger species so just keep an eye on them. you should still get some sand sifting animals though, Naccarius and Ceirths are good as they make for great CUC and do not deplete microfauna in the sand

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
w
oh, they should be okay. Sometimes they are just a mislabeled juvenile of some larger species so just keep an eye on them. you should still get some sand sifting animals though, Naccarius and Ceirths are good as they make for great CUC and do not deplete microfauna in the sand
Ill get my starfish from TSM or something, as no LFS or pet store near me has them

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I try to pick the least populated fish with the healthiest looking fish
doesn't mean they are safe, QT fish or you can pay the price. I got lazy and didn't QT, then brook nuked the tank after a week of no symptoms

I understand this sounds a bit harsh, but its better to learn now instead of from a very stressful mishap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back