What Goby or Blenny has the most personality?

MangroveCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely voting for Starry Blenny! He’s been my fav in my tank sense I got him 6 months ago! He loves to perch on any and everything and watch what’s going on, whips his tail in the sand like a burnout lol, the deeper colors with white spots and how they change lighter and darker is neat. One of the most personable fish I’ve owned! Attached a professional macro photo of him! He’s spoiled!

C082EBAD-6DD9-4AC9-9856-524F3A410DF2.jpeg

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Starry Blenny perches on rocks and follows my wife and I when we walk past the tank. Not much of an algae eater but makes up for it in personality
E19EFF3D-D459-48B4-9AC1-0A6AF689E2DD.jpeg

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely voting for Starry Blenny! He’s been my fav in my tank sense I got him 6 months ago! He loves to perch on any and everything and watch what’s going on, whips his tail in the sand like a burnout lol, the deeper colors with white spots and how they change lighter and darker is neat. One of the most personable fish I’ve owned! Attached a professional macro photo of him! He’s spoiled!

C082EBAD-6DD9-4AC9-9856-524F3A410DF2.jpeg
It's the eyebrows. Not much else like them

Paul Worley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 32 Biocube tank I am just going over the stocking again and I would really like a Goby or a Blenny (whichever one has the most personality) that is derpy and crawls on the rocks I personally think it looks hilarious when they hop around with their googly eyes so any suggestions for Gobies or Blennys like that are very much appreciated!
Bi color blenny

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think I’m definitely going with a Starry Blenny but one thing I’m worried about is that it’ll be the first fish in my new Biocube and I know they need a better established tank with algae could I just supplement their diet with dried seawood and maybe mysis shrimp until the algae starts growing in and they can eat that mostly?
Edit: I also will be feeding my to be clownfish pair new life spectrum marine pellets as part of their diet will the Blenny way these too?

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think I’m definitely going with a Starry Blenny but one thing I’m worried about is that it’ll be the first fish in my new Biocube and I know they need a better established tank with algae could I just supplement their diet with dried seawood and maybe mysis shrimp until the algae starts growing in and they can eat that mostly?
Edit: I also will be feeding my to be clownfish pair new life spectrum marine pellets as part of their diet will the Blenny way these too?
Yes. My starry eats mysis shrimp and pellets like a pig. Most of the algae he eats is film algae off the glass. Mine has not shown any interest in seaweed on a clip.

luv2lopeqhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re right they do tend to stick close to the burrow, but my yasha in my Nano is paired with a pistol shrimp. He is out and about constantly and not just always perching at the front of the burrow.
I got lucky ...The burrow they share is in the front and in a highly trafficked highly visible area of my tank. My yasha is untypical in that he is pretty bold and not skittish as some can be. The Randall’s Pistol shrimp was in the tank first and I added the Yasha later, they paired within 2 days of the Yasha being introduced and are one of my favorite things to watch in my tank. They are the most commented on inhabitants in my Nano tank by visitors.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the starry blenny. Ours eats everything, pellets, freeze dried seaweed, and all sorts of frozen (loves mysis). No issues with corals.

Currdawg12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Midas blenny and he is my most active fish. Loves going in and out of the rock work. And I love my rainford goby! He is super awesome and best looking fish I have!

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold midas blenny hands down my favorite fish I ever owned!!!! Super personable and constant swimmer and percher

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do like starry blennies. I have never had a midas, but I'd like to try one.

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do have one midas in my tank and it is really funny one keep entering in and out rocks time to time when it is not swimming around just watching around in rock with that curious eyes :rolleyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back