What grinds your gears? Most annoying Reefer forum behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember most giveaways are a marketing attempt for a company and they have a goal and have to do what makes since for them to reach the goal. They are giving us a FREE prize
Yes I get it. My wife caught me buying $$$ corals;Blackeye;Blackeye;Blackeye..NO MORE Facebook for me;).... Family only group

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads where people complain about pricing from vendors whether it is LA or this one. I feel it brings down the mood of R2r. Or maybe just the complaining on forums in general.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Threads where people complain about pricing from vendors whether it is LA or this one. I feel it brings down the mood of R2r. Or maybe just the complaining on forums in general.

Complaining in general!!! Agreed!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to pay 500 for a booger or a pap smear :p Is that better? fact is I did pay $$$ for a Jelly bean chalice, Dont tell mare

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Stop wishing and start earning..... sorry, not a fan of this mentality. " Anyone who would write or like this statement! People have no clue what others have going on in their lives Like say, medical bills or laid off etc. Taken from a post on WWC prices.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to pay 500 for a booger or a pap smear :p Is that better? fact is I did pay $$$ for a Jelly bean chalice, Dont tell mare

Man I want one of those jellybeans. Someone has some for sale here. I micturate away so much money on other dumb things, I feel like I could justify the price every time I look at it, but it still just hits a price point that I don’t want to admit to spending on a frag!!!!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Stop wishing and start earning..... sorry, not a fan of this mentality. " Anyone who would write or like this statement! People have no clue what others have going on in their lives Like say, medical bills or laid off etc. Taken from a post on WWC prices.

I agree 1000%. I had to walk away when I read that. I was going to write something that probably would get me banned or at least in time out.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've a new one since this post is rolling again.

Palytoxin.... messing h-ll g-dm.... no, your bam bams are not going to kill you and your family. Please, for the love of god people, quit posting this nonsense in EVERY zoa thread that ever comes up.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I say with this love...

GET OVER THE FACEBOOK ENTRIES!! LOL!!

Seriously though, again, most contests you DON'T have to use FB to enter a contest. IF we ask you too it's because the sponsor wanted it. Remember most giveaways are a marketing attempt for a company and they have a goal and have to do what makes since for them to reach the goal. They are giving us a FREE prize and sometimes, very rarely, they ask that you share on FB. If you don't like it then don't enter. :p

By telling people to “get over it” or don’t participate is pretty aggravating. Your response was probably not the best.

Complaining in general!!! Agreed!

looks like I’m batting a thousand.

Last edited:

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone always has to mention that OP's tank isnt cycled correctly or they didnt wait the prescribed 20yrs before adding a fish.. thats the ones that gets me the most I think. Not so much in this forum but I have seen it more then once.

dropoff729

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know on Reptile and car forums, people get their feelings hurt to easy when asking for help or input. Then blame the entire forum. Haven’t been on this one to long so don’t know if it’s the same.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The two I can add the last few months which i'll Never understand:

"EMERGENCY" - My fish won't eat Brine shrimp. What is going on ?? This is an emergency ????

HELP I.D. -
I bought these 4 corals at store today and dont know what they are !!!
You bought coral from a pet store- They dont know what they are either? Ever think to take a picture of the label or make a note on the reciept which may contain that info already ? DO YOU BUY AN AIRLINE TICKET BUT HAVE KNOW CLUE WHERE YOU'RE FLYING TO ??

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Self proclaimed reef noobs come and post all their problems, then get mad at the answers cos they have 10 years of experience In freshwater and know more than anyone.

ufc 205 what GIF

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two I can add the last few months which i'll Never understand:

"EMERGENCY" - My fish won't eat Brine shrimp. What is going on ?? This is an emergency ????

HELP I.D. -
I bought these 4 corals at store today and dont know what they are !!!
You bought coral from a pet store- They dont know what they are either? Ever think to take a picture of the label or make a note on the reciept which may contain that info already ? DO YOU BUY AN AIRLINE TICKET BUT HAVE KNOW CLUE WHERE YOU'RE FLYING TO ??

Ill be honest, I always ask, but I forget all the time. My memory is extremely spotty....so my short term memory isn't good. It's so bad that I forget to write it down as well. I only remember now via repitition. It's a disability at this point :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back