What happen to my hammer coral ???

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what happen to my hammer coral, its tentacles really skinny unlike first i got it. Anyone got idea what is the problem?

IMG_0302.JPG

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your water parameters?
Alk, cal, salinity, nitrates, etc.

how long have you had it?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what happen to my hammer coral, its tentacles really skinny unlike first i got it. Anyone got idea what is the problem?

IMG_0302.JPG

At first I thought it was a torch coral. It maybe extending to reach the light. Maybe too much shading. Try moving it out a little more.

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought it was a torch coral. It maybe extending to reach the light. Maybe too much shading. Try moving it out a little more.

That something im curious about too so right now i move him abit upward and more direct to light and let see what happen. Also my tank is Nuvo 20 and i use just one Ai Prime so is that enought light for my tank ???

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That something im curious about too so right now i move him abit upward and more direct to light and let see what happen. Also my tank is Nuvo 20 and i use just one Ai Prime so is that enought light for my tank ???
Wouldn't it be the opposite? With the high phosphate level at .7ppm and not .07ppm doesn't that high level work as a magnifying glass to the light? Wouldn't that be the reason for it shrinking?

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it be the opposite? With the high phosphate level at .7ppm and not .07ppm doesn't that high level work as a magnifying glass to the light? Wouldn't that be the reason for it shrinking?

let me test that again, it confuse me now if that is 0.07 or 0.7 anyway thank for mention that

So i double check again and it show 0.9ppm it kind of increase maybe because of taking out GFO and Carbon due to the Chaeto Reactor also my other seem fine.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back