What happened to Mercer of Montana?

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went order some phytoplankton to start a culture and their products are gone off of Amazon and their website has vanished.

Also, any other decent place to buy phyto? My last batch crashed out and I’m in need of new cultures.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to buy from them.... but now buy from these guys who have an in depth product line.

PROFESSIONAL COMPANY... not some etailer growing stuff in their converted garage.

Their profitable niche is selling products to Science Classes all over the world

Last edited:

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an order from mercer last week. Did notice their website was discontinued, but I figured they decided it wasn't worth paying for a website when sales were centralized on Amazon.

OP
OP
Roccopaul

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an order from mercer last week. Did notice their website was discontinued, but I figured they decided it wasn't worth paying for a website when sales were centralized on Amazon.
All of their Phyto was taken down from Amazon. They also are not selling their culture kits anymore.

Jlreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a kit from Mercer of Montana on Amazon and just got notification that it was shipped.
Live Marine Phytoplankton Culture Kit 2, Nanno/Tetra

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mystery deepens. I just did a search and there is still a link from Google to Amazon US but when I click on it nothing comes up just other suppliers. Amazon Canada shows that it's currently unavailable and their website is gone (as mentioned). There is someone on eBay selling their stuff but they are also out of stock. Weird.

OP
OP
Roccopaul

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a kit from Mercer of Montana on Amazon and just got notification that it was shipped.
Live Marine Phytoplankton Culture Kit 2, Nanno/Tetra

That is only the jar and rigid tube. The phytoplankton isn’t part of that package. Previously they had a package that included the jar, tube, extra air tubes, phytoplankton and f/2 fertilizer. That’s been taken down.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last large bottle of nano I got from him was very weak and not thick like usual. it settled in about an hour and was 99.75% water. Its possible his phyto cultures crashed and had to restart

wabooth555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went order some phytoplankton to start a culture and their products are gone off of Amazon and their website has vanished.

Also, any other decent place to buy phyto? My last batch crashed out and I’m in need of new cultures.
"Food Phyt" sells high quality live "nano" and "Iso" at a great price! More bang for your buck! Dense and Fresh!

Food-Phyt.com

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just typed Mercer of Montana into amazon search bar and all of their products came up…. Don’t scare me like that! I was about to start panick searching for a new place to buy F2!

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure what happened to them. They had a really good product, in my experience. We have phyto for sale, if you haven't found a source yet. Just click the banner ad in my signature!

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is only the jar and rigid tube. The phytoplankton isn’t part of that package. Previously they had a package that included the jar, tube, extra air tubes, phytoplankton and f/2 fertilizer. That’s been taken down.
I just Bought from them. I bought tetra. 50 bucks for 32 oz, jar, salt, tubing, and fertilizer. This is really weird.

SUNDOG_ID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They're back up and running. Found them and their phytoplankton, etc., on eBay, Amazon and Etsy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back