What has happened to The reef hobby

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the rising prices of everything. I'm supprised venders are selling much of anything, these days..I've been watching one site for new corals,and the same WYSIWYG coral frags are there week after week.. Hence all the live sales.. Government says 7.9%..But I'm paying 29% or more for almost everything I personally buy??... I can't even sell frags of frog spawn or reverse hammers for $25 bucks around here, and they are 2 to 3 head frags..Go figure.

Last edited:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t all hobbies luxury? And market demand will drive market price. It’s not that complicated? :)

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my 400 gallon on Dec 2019 for a good price $6200, build to my specs and with steel stand shipped!, I can't imagine what it would cost today, maybe 12k-15K plus. I swear by certain brands and even though i cringe the price increase I trust ecotech, Eheim, and anything with coralvue name on it (icecap, reefoctopus, etc). Dont worry folk i am going to mass produce corals faster then anyone in my basement that i'll have no choice but to sell at a low price - Scale that baby up !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.3%
Back