OP
doubleshot00

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If most of your corals are doing well, proceed slowly with any major changes. I have never tried whole tank cipro, but, please post your results if you go that way based on your aquabiomics test. And.. for God's sake... don't try to make up your losses by buying a bunch of new coral right now - LOL. Been there.
I just got back from a frag fest :cool: Only got one acro (huge chunk from JF) JF grape juice. Finger crossed.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you change water? It can replenish all of those traces that everybody talks about, only the salt mix already has the right numbers in there (if a good salt mix) and you don't have to worry about over/under dosing.

Water changes can be like rebooting your WIndows PC from the 2000s (and maybe today... I don't know)... it doesn't fix everything, but it can get most of it and it should be the first thing to do. Most of the rest can be usually addressed by getting some diversity in your tank that did not come from a bottle.

Other than that, get back to the basics and make sure that your refractometer is calibrated, heat is double checked by something with mercury in it, alk test kit is good and accurate, etc.

OP
OP
doubleshot00

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If most of your corals are doing well, proceed slowly with any major changes. I have never tried whole tank cipro, but, please post your results if you go that way based on your aquabiomics test. And.. for God's sake... don't try to make up your losses by buying a bunch of new coral right now - LOL. Been there.
Just got my results from aquabiomics.

I have no know coral or fish pathogens in my tank. But have a few bacteria issues. But it doesn't suggest what to do to fix them other than add live rock.
Aquabiomics test.png

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my results from aquabiomics.

I have no know coral or fish pathogens in my tank. But have a few bacteria issues. But it doesn't suggest what to do to fix them other than add live rock.
Aquabiomics test.png
Try a better test. these are junk. You need numbers, and advice...though that's even risky... ICP is a much more quality test. amazon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back