What have you done to your system today?

Andreww65

Beer is proof that God loves us.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put in a new Tunze powerhead to replace my Vortech MP 40 that has a bad bearing and was really loud. Also, swapped out my reef Octopus protein skimmer for my new Skimz protein skimmer.

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a tunze osmolator on the sump of the 75 gallon. Wife is going to yell/call me the first time she hears that thing kick on and I am not around. The pump is loud... I have one for the biocube in the bedroom but it might get put on a timer to run from like 9 am to 8 pm. I don't want to be scared awake.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to do the dreaded water changes on 3 tanks, also going to do my quarterly sump scrub, return pump, heaters, etc. Then I'm going to do some Kent Tech M dips to a few rocks with bryopsis, hoping I don't need to raise my magnesium to 1600+ lol. Should be a fun Sunday :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 gal water change,cleaned skimmer and power heads!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed filter sock and changed out GAC. Also cleaned the mp40's

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out two Kessils for a T5 fixture. Going to run just T5 for week before deciding to just go T5 or setup a retro T5 with the Kessils

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day... Didn't get my main system handled Sunday, so today was water change, rock dips (for spot kill of the bryopsis) and rescape. Started dosing Tech M for my small outbreak of bryopsis, changed up my sump a bit after cleaning everything and added a small powerhead for some additional movement in the skimmer area. Now to eradicate this bryopsis!!

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day... Didn't get my main system handled Sunday, so today was water change, rock dips (for spot kill of the bryopsis) and rescape. Started dosing Tech M for my small outbreak of bryopsis, changed up my sump a bit after cleaning everything and added a small powerhead for some additional movement in the skimmer area. Now to eradicate this bryopsis!!
Best thing I found for the bryopsis was use a small butane torch and burn it off after manual removal of as much as possible and it worked well none of it has returned

Reeflogic