Sale today at BRS

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a 15% off sale today and I ordered the 75gpd RODI 5 stage and it will be here tomorrow. Thinking I would like to make water a little faster and get the 150gpd that is today the same price as I paid for me 75gpd one. I could return the old one/

Worth it to upgrade? I only have a 40b and 20g sump. What do you think?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There is a 15% off sale today and I ordered the 75gpd RODI 5 stage and it will be here tomorrow. Thinking I would like to make water a little faster and get the 150gpd that is today the same price as I paid for me 75gpd one. I could return the old one/

Worth it, yes. These 15% sales have been going on here and there since beginning of the year and Kudos to BRS and saltwater.com who have been doing this

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd call them and talk to them. I believe the only difference in the two set ups, is the 150 has another RO Membrane Canister. At least that's all I had to do for 150 gpd, on my six stage. BTW, you may have to spring for a booster pump.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some of their sales have been great. I picked up A mastertronic and an alkatronic on there 2/29 sales for 35%.

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They recently did a podcast speaking to the difference between them and said the 75gpd was the best option… maybe take a listen

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 150 makes water faster and it also produces less wastewater
This is from BRS website:

"150 GPD membrane features a 98% rejection rate at 65 PSI which makes it the most commonly used membrane when speed is the primary importance. If you require faster water production and have good water pressure this is one of the better options.

BRS generally recommends the use of the 75 GPD DOW membranes because it offers 98% rejection at easier to obtain water pressures. The higher rejection will result in better quality water and lower DI resin consumption."

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back