What hours for Drop 1.2X scrubber LED?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed my Santa-Monica Filtration Drop 1.2X Algae Scrubber and the directions say to run the LEDs for 18 hours and the air pump for 24 hours. I set the timer for 1pm to 7am. How does this sound? When should I run the LEDs?

The other option was 6pm to 12pm? I run my tank lights from 10am to 9pm. I thought I read once to run refugium and scrubber lights opposite the tank lights.

Last edited:

marcinpolak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed my Santa-Monica Filtration Drop 1.2X Algae Scrubber and the directions say to run the LEDs for 18 hours and the air pump for 24 hours. I set the timer for 1pm to 7am. How does this sound? When should I run the LEDs?

The other option was 6pm to 12pm? I run my tank lights from 10am to 9pm. I thought I read once to run refugium and scrubber lights opposite the tank lights.
What’s your tank size, have been thinking of purchasing one for mine.
Also, what air pump did you end up getting?

Also also, let me know how it ends up working for you!

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your tank size, have been thinking of purchasing one for mine.
Also, what air pump did you end up getting?

Also also, let me know how it ends up working for you!

I have an IM Nuvo 40. I have it in one of the overflow chambers below the InTank floss holder. I am currently using the Danner AP-8 on the lowest flow. I’m going to get the pump below this one to try as I think it might be overkill.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back