What hurts only frogspawn and Octospawn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimfish98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jimfish98

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2020
Messages
416
Reaction score
426
Location
Orlando Metro
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two months ago I started seeing an issue with my frogspawn and octospawn. They can look good one day, the next day they jettison a head. They seem fine for a few days, then jettison another. I thought I was past it for a few weeks and then yesterday morning woke up to it impacting three more frags. I have pulled the frags and didn't see any pests on any of them. I went ahead and did a flatworm exit treatment and some did show up, but nothing of concerning number or size. What ever it is, it isn't impacting the hammers, torches, or other softies. Water tests thus far have come back within stable levels. I have sent out an ICP and pending results. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe a tang is trying to eat them over there color as it its not getting enough food as one was eating GSP polyps a few months ago. The only problem with that theory is most of the damage seems to be overnight when they are dormant. During the day I don't see them ever touch the corals.

Thoughts?
 
About two months ago I started seeing an issue with my frogspawn and octospawn. They can look good one day, the next day they jettison a head. They seem fine for a few days, then jettison another. I thought I was past it for a few weeks and then yesterday morning woke up to it impacting three more frags. I have pulled the frags and didn't see any pests on any of them. I went ahead and did a flatworm exit treatment and some did show up, but nothing of concerning number or size. What ever it is, it isn't impacting the hammers, torches, or other softies. Water tests thus far have come back within stable levels. I have sent out an ICP and pending results. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe a tang is trying to eat them over there color as it its not getting enough food as one was eating GSP polyps a few months ago. The only problem with that theory is most of the damage seems to be overnight when they are dormant. During the day I don't see them ever touch the corals.

Thoughts?
Probably put a camera on them to see the culprit. Could be a rogue clam or too much flow. Could be flatworms. Good luck
Pictures are always welcome
 
Probably put a camera on them to see the culprit. Could be a rogue clam or too much flow. Could be flatworms. Good luck
Pictures are always welcome
No changes in flow in a year at least, no clams, flatworms were treated for. Did treatments one week and again another week with few visible after the second treatment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new