What I learned.

  • Thread starter Thread starter dingo2031
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dingo2031

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
107
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEVER BUY WATER FROM PETCO real sea water my ***. I bought a gallon and asked do you use RO-DI they said what is that:neutral:. I Got home and tested it and it was loaded with phosphates and was pretty much what you need to grow algae such as Hair, Green, Bubble and my favorite Cyano... :ooh: maybe thats by my first 2 tanks crashed with algae problems. I suggest you buy from your local fish store... I was so outraged.
 
You have your own RO-DI unit?
 
Even though you have your own ro water always test because it can still have phosphates.
 
IMHO, an RO/DI unit should be one of the first purchases that anyone in this hobby should make. It all starts with the quality of fresh water used to make salt water and for top off. You cannot always trust the quality of the water that you obtain from a LFS, or other sources (like RO vending machines).
 
Invest in the unit. It took me three years to figure it out...I bought a 4 stage 75 gpd BRS unit with the water saver upgrade. I can make 150 gpd and cut my waste water by 40 plus percent. The water saver is well worth the extra money.
 
Ouch!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new