What if I never vacuumed my gravel?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orko, I wasn't directing that comment at you.

The original question by the OP was "What would happen if I "Never" vacuumed my gravel. Then he states that he didn't do it in 4 months. Thats not really "Never". It's more like 20 weeks.

The fact that you didn't do it in 30 years is great. You are probably a very good aquarist. :)

I don't really vacuum mine, but because I use a reverse undergravel filter and it has been in there for almost 50 years I stir it up and suck it out to make sure it doesn't clog because a UG filter needs circulation. If it were not for that, I probably wouldn't vacuum it either. :cool:

Orko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orko, I wasn't directing that comment at you.

The original question by the OP was "What would happen if I "Never" vacuumed my gravel. Then he states that he didn't do it in 4 months. Thats not really "Never". It's more like 20 weeks.

The fact that you didn't do it in 30 years is great. You are probably a very good aquarist. :)

I don't really vacuum mine, but because I use a reverse undergravel filter and it has been in there for almost 50 years I stir it up and suck it out to make sure it doesn't clog because a UG filter needs circulation. If it were not for that, I probably wouldn't vacuum it either. :cool:
thank you for clarifying that and thank you for the "You are probably a very good aquarist." comment.
I went through them all under gravel, bare bottom, thick sand bead, thin sand bead ... I have a medium sand bead it seams to work. and lights oh man lots of different ones for sure over the years I am using led at the moment.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back