Is my foxface strange?

reefermadnes5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each fish has preferences, okay. Im watching my fox nibble the spines on my long spine urchin. I mean I've watched this fish nibble just about everything in the tank at least once, but this behavior is peculiar. There are currently 3 macro stashes and the daily seaweed has been eaten so this fish is not under fed by any means. I've seen the fox pop the broken spines up from the gravel and eat it like a carrot and I have seen the fox nibble the spines on the urchin. Its not aggressive or mean. Is this as odd as it seems to me? Good source of calcium?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably just exercising its “teeth”. Foxface are super weird and are known for being neurotic. But will keep certain things at bay. And look gorgeous.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be the most normal thing anyone has posted about a foxface lol if that tells you anything. Mine likes to sit on top of other fish for no reason! Mine also eats the other fish’s poo too

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back