OP
Hitman

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, just a little sarcasm;) luckily never had to deal with a polyclad.
I’ve lost several hundred dollars in livestock before I caught this darn thing!

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there wasn’t a special request for it ther was going to be a video being posted!!! But let’s see if he still wants it as the diesel and fire pit are not far from my backdoor!!! @Shadowbass do you still want this???

C.bldwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(;Sorry Of course the firt pest has to be something like this. Well I better start making 300 gallons of water before I start breaking it
down. I’m officially going to cry.
Thank you for your help.

I have delt with a bad infestation of these polyclad flatworms. I actually found out I had them when I caught one trying to smother and eat a turbo snail. I have an easy treatment that worked for my with no noticeable side effect besides a light dusting of diatoms that went away after a week. What I did was I make up enough water to do a 100% water change. I then treated my tank with PraziPro (make sure you remove ornamental worms) and did my 100% waterchange after 2 hours at which time I added my ornamental worms (Xmas tree rock and feather dusters) back in. I have caught the flatworms and tested PraziPro on them at normal strength and it kills them in minutes!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(;Sorry Of course the firt pest has to be something like this. Well I better start making 300 gallons of water before I start breaking it
down. I’m officially going to cry.
Thank you for your help.

Nice job!

C.bldwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job!
I forgot to mention mine were only 2-3” when I had them and I was sucking them up with a turkey blaster everytime I saw one. I pulled out about half a dozen in a months and didn’t seem like it was slowing down until I did the treatment. I forgot I did a second treatment about a month later when I found a small one in my sump about the size of a dime. Been polyclad free for about a year now. I’ve been quarantining my snails for 2 weeks with a PraziPro treatment ever since.

kamike91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have delt with a bad infestation of these polyclad flatworms. I actually found out I had them when I caught one trying to smother and eat a turbo snail. I have an easy treatment that worked for my with no noticeable side effect besides a light dusting of diatoms that went away after a week. What I did was I make up enough water to do a 100% water change. I then treated my tank with PraziPro (make sure you remove ornamental worms) and did my 100% waterchange after 2 hours at which time I added my ornamental worms (Xmas tree rock and feather dusters) back in. I have caught the flatworms and tested PraziPro on them at normal strength and it kills them in minutes!
I had no idea, that would have been nice to know.

liveround69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a few live rocks from a LFS 5 years back and one of them had a nemertean worm ( a.k.a. ribbon worm or proboscis worm) inside it. He looked like a small sea krait when i first saw him. It was really late at night and he was extended out of the rock. He was extremely hard to catch and ate a lot of fish, inverts, etc over the course of a week before I finally decided to give the rock back to the LFS. They tried to catch him for about another week then gave up and dropped it into a bucket of bleach.

Shadowbass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry havent been on in a minute! Yes i d9 still want it if you have it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back