What in the world is this!!

Alex_hairymoney

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my local fish store and I bought a colony of green star polyps they opened up the third day then they all closed it has not open no more. Today when I take a close look I see this lime green color little splat on it so got my turkey baster And blew it and it started smoking up like a volcano type of thing I do dose Red Sea energy + which is more a like the same color here is a video if anyone knows what it is kinda looks toxic so is worrying me
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0142.MOV
    53.2 MB
I'm going to guess it's a vermitid worm spawning. The GSP has grown up around the tube disguising it. As far as it being toxic the spawn would be food for filter feeders. It's the slime string Vermitids make that's implicated in coral issues. With just a couple I'd look somewhere else for why the GSP isn't opening.
 
This video just wiped out my computer- Lost all my pages- Beware others
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new