What is a good middle of the road doser?

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start dosing 2 part . What is a good middle of the road doser ? Don’t need the best and don’t want junk . Currently I have a jebao I haven’t set up should I just stick with this or get a better one before setup

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao dosers are a hit or miss, but as long as you keep your eye on it and test regularly it should be fine.

If the precision is not enough for you, you can always dilute your solutions, this is also a generally good measure when the amount dosed is small, as it'll lower the amount of error if exists.

Also, make sure yours does not have the bug where it looses the settings when powered off, it can be fixed though if you have experience with embedded reverse engineering.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao dosers are a hit or miss, but as long as you keep your eye on it and test regularly it should be fine.

If the precision is not enough for you, you can always dilute your solutions, this is also a generally good measure when the amount dosed is small, as it'll lower the amount of error if exists.

Also, make sure yours does not have the bug where it looses the settings when powered off, it can be fixed though if you have experience with embedded reverse engineering.
Yeah I found out how hit and miss they are after I bought it . I’ve never taken it out of the package I hope all the heads work. How can you tell if it had that issue just unplug it and see if it’s still set ?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I found out how hit and miss they are after I bought it . I’ve never taken it out of the package I hope all the heads work. How can you tell if it had that issue just unplug it and see if it’s still set ?
Pretty much, yes.

After reverse engineering the unit I got, I found the settings are in fact there but there are 2 calls that have been reversed in their order which caused the freshly loaded settings loaded into a specific memory region to be wiped out after they've been loaded, instead of before as an initialization for said memory region.
Quality control isn't their best feature..

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer are pretty good for no frills options while Red Sea are a little more expensive and have a few more features. Been running them for a few years and they all stay pretty accurate. Only issue with the kamoer was that I had to replace the entire head ($14) because replacing the rubber tube didn’t work for some reason.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%

Back