What is going on with my Pink Cadillac? Bounce Pink Cadillac..

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this pink Cadillac a few years now and 6 months ago it started growing bubbles down near the base? I have never seen anything like this before and have no idea what would cause this or is it good/bad? The other 22 acros in my tank are all doing fine. Any thoughts?

vpoiu1263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO there maybe some elements are going spiked.
My friend he meets the situation bubbles on the acro about 3 years ago. His magnesium was spiked by adding MgCl directly into his tank.
Some of the acro are dead and some are recovered after several months with extra stable parameters.

OP
OP
DesertReefBoy

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO there maybe some elements are going spiked.
My friend he meets the situation bubbles on the acro about 3 years ago. His magnesium was spiked by adding MgCl directly into his tank.
Some of the acro are dead and some are recovered after several months with extra stable parameters.
I did a ICP test from triton a month or so ago and everything was okay except for lanthium. I dose lanthium sometimes to help when phosphates get above 0.1. Wonder if that could be the cause?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a species of worm that burrows into the tissue of coral that causes it to bubble like that. I've actually fragged a few sps that had bubbles and found a few worms, which actually could be a kind of barnacle or tube worm? I know there's some bacteria that can cause the tissue to bubble as well.

OP
OP
DesertReefBoy

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a species of worm that burrows into the tissue of coral that causes it to bubble like that. I've actually fragged a few sps that had bubbles and found a few worms, which actually could be a kind of barnacle or tube worm? I know there's some bacteria that can cause the tissue to bubble as well.
Interesting. I didn’t know this!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No pics, but I still have one acro with bubbles and I’ll probably frag it soon. Dipping it doesn’t work, you have to physically remove it from the tissue. If yours is okay, would monitor it and see if it gets worse or stays the same. Mine kept growing just fine, but was quite the eyesore, so that’s why I hacked it open. I’ll post pics the next time around.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back