What is in Acropower?

willowsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait, do you make this product willows reef? Lol, if so you should mention that with the post
Yes we do sorry was not trying to hide that as the name im cementing as is willowsreef next time i guess ill need to be more clear. It dosen't change the fact we dont add any unnecessary ingredients and list all ingredients.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is fine, i like that you are being clear with your ingredients instead of hiding it for seemingly no reason like other companies. Definitely be forthcoming with the fact it is your product though, because us as consumers like that sort of transparency.

willowsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we do sorry was not trying to hide that as the name im cementing as is willowsreef next time i guess ill need to be more clear. It dosen't change the fact we dont add any unnecessary ingredients and list all ingredients.

it is fine, i like that you are being clear with your ingredients instead of hiding it for seemingly no reason like other companies. Definitely be forthcoming with the fact it is your product though, because us as consumers like that sort of transparency.
Yea sorry definitely was not trto hide it i thought the Willow’s name gave it away lol and thank you , your right no reason to hide it expressly since we dont post the recipe and it needs to be cooked lol. All of our products are premium with no fillers of any kind and all ingredients shown.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but just FYI, TFL explicitly says not to try and split up the dosage throughout the week

If you want to dose 50ml per week, just do it at once - they say that you'll get poor results if you do 10ml / day and that it's better to do it all at once.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but just FYI, TFL explicitly says not to try and split up the dosage throughout the week

If you want to dose 50ml per week, just do it at once - they say that you'll get poor results if you do 10ml / day and that it's better to do it all at once.
where does TLF say that!? on my bottle it says "most aquariums benefit from dosing a few times per week"

and it also says max dose 5ml per 94.6L (25 gallons) daily

you may want to read the instructions printed on the product label

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where does TLF say that!? on my bottle it says "most aquariums benefit from dosing a few times per week"

and it also says max dose 5ml per 94.6L (25 gallons) daily

you may want to read the instructions printed on the product label

1701192514963.png

That’s my source

Thanks for your suggestion about reading the directions, though. I hadn’t thought of that.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are all aminos snake oil? is Acropower a real amino?

Who knows. I would use red sea aminos but they require refridgeration and I like using a doser.

The idea that you'd have to dose a heavier amount - at once - so that enough is present in the water to be taken up by your corals before filtering out doesn't scream snake oil to me

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
are all aminos snake oil? is Acropower a real amino?

Who knows. I would use red sea aminos but they require refridgeration and I like using a doser.

All aminos? Absolutely not.

Plenty of aminos out there don’t require refrigeration and they actually list ingredients.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If acropower sucks, what do you prefer that isn't Red Sea AB+ ?
Never said Acropower “sucks” but the absolute lack of transparency and odd “instructions” make it less than desirable for me. I still have half a bottle of it sitting at home.

Brightwell makes multiple amino products. I add their Restor directly to my home made food. Their Coral Amino is great as well. Tropic Marin makes a good amino supplement too.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1701192514963.png

That’s my source

Thanks for your suggestion about reading the directions, though. I hadn’t thought of that.
how many gallons is your tank/system?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back