What is in my snail?

Squeven

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
38
Location
Tacoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this snail for a couple of months, and didn’t think anything of the white spot that was on it. Tonight I was looking at everything, and saw this white spot open like a small clam.
It’s an almost pearl white, and very hard. Anyone have an idea of what it is? Is it going to effect my coral? Any help would be great. (Still working in my photo skills.)

373AF7AD-E82A-4F6A-8120-E2CE42C2FBFA.jpeg F25303F0-D2EF-4327-B0B5-8B655BEB9C8A.jpeg
 
hi,poss clam?? :cool: @KJ ;)
 
I'm guessing some type of barnacle but what type no clue. Did it have feeders sticking out when open? I guess could be a weird clam as well if you don't see feeders
 
Bivalve.
 
I'm guessing some type of barnacle but what type no clue. Did it have feeders sticking out when open? I guess could be a weird clam as well if you don't see feeders
I didn’t see any feeders, but I will look again when the snail comes out of hiding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new