What is my clown fish doing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Des
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Des

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Indepdendence
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this little guy for a few weeks now. My tank is sparse, but has 2 little clowns, 2 yellow tail damsels, a lawn mower blenny and a watchman goby. 120g, newly cycled with no corals or anenomes (yet).
The clown will lay on top of the blenny or the goby. Literally, lay perfectly still for several minutes at a time.
Is he... trying to host them? I notice he does it when there's stress, like after I finish a cleaning or add something new.
I think it's cute, even if he's confused. I did add 2 fake amenomes to try and deter him from molesting the other fish, they seem pretty uncomfortable when her lays on them and won't leave them alone. But there's no interest.

Thoughts?

20210617_064801.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new