what is my feather duster doing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Double J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Double J

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
307
Reaction score
88
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure whats going on here, have had the duster for 3 weeks, was doing great and now all of a sudden it started stretching out of its tube, it did this for 3 days on and off. I feed it kent marine microvert and phytotplankton. Tank has been established since February. It has now shed its crown. I dont know if it is still in the tube or not. I thought maybe it was unhappy in the rocks, and was going to move it, it didnt really retract into its tube when i got close, and its tube was attched to the rock.

Any ideas? i was thinking of adding 2 more this weekend, but not sure now. Thanks
thumbnail_IMG_2198.jpg
 
Unhappy for some reason. anything bothering it like shrimp or crabs? I've had them lose the crown and grow back.
 
i have a camel shrimp that hangs out by the tube, havent seen anything pick on it. I thought maybe it didnt like my choice in food for it. i hope it comes back! i am planning on catching the shrimp and rehoming it, but havent had good luck yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new