What is on my coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuggyReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MuggyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
12
Location
Arizona, United States
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up a nice size Zoa and another single polyp on a feather duster from Petco for $25. I realized it was completely infested with bristle worms, like 50-60 of them. I did two freshwater dips then a CoralRX dip and now there might only be a couple left so I actually took a look at the rock it’s on and noticed these two grey lumps. It doesn’t look like the Zoa, what could it be? 60AA8159-6736-4DDD-9584-59B9FCBCCAC2.jpeg 334D2AC8-8FF3-4C34-BB59-6D8968A0D192.jpeg
 
Recently picked up a nice size Zoa and another single polyp on a feather duster from Petco for $25. I realized it was completely infested with bristle worms, like 50-60 of them. I did two freshwater dips then a CoralRX dip and now there might only be a couple left so I actually took a look at the rock it’s on and noticed these two grey lumps. It doesn’t look like the Zoa, what could it be? 60AA8159-6736-4DDD-9584-59B9FCBCCAC2.jpeg 334D2AC8-8FF3-4C34-BB59-6D8968A0D192.jpeg
Poriferan sponge. Inject with air or vinegar via syringe to stop its growth OT remove coral and pull off with a dental pick or small crochet needle
 
Its inside colony if I'm not mistaken.

we don't have a Petco in UK. I would definitely avoid any further purchases if it has caused these problems ...
:(
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20221012_183243.jpg
    IMG_20221012_183243.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 22

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new