What is One Mistake You Will Never Make Again?

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i second the lid one, lost my favorite fish that way, another mistake i'll never make again is not treating for internal parasites, recently lost my boxfish to them, every new fish i get (especially wild caught) will be treated.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not learning how to put anything in the tank or take the lid off without finding water drops running down the sides and getting out the rags...but since that's likely never going to happen let's just shorten all that to: Buying another rimless tank.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iam going back 25 years ago first tank with a sump had 2 large power heads 1 bring water to the sump and one returning . But when I was going to bed I could hear the pumps up stairs. So I went down and switch it off and said to my self I would sort it in the morning due to it only having salt water in it . WRONG DECISION went back to bed and fell asleep funny woke up 15 minutes later . For sum reason I got out of bed and went down stairs to be met with water. Not knowing much about sumps the pumps had back siphoned into the sump and overflow. What a idiot. So I was very lucky I woke up again and went down stairs. So I wouldn’t like to do that again . The wife took it quite well considering . So I have never had a leak or mishap since but thought I would share what a idiot I was that night lol

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to say never overflowing water onto the floor. I now have a fully automated water mixing station and still seem to find ways to get water onto the floor. The good news is, it’s not nearly as much as it used to be!

Rugops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you to that you should see the last one I got it’s pitiful that they would even send you something like they sent me. The problem I have is my LFS just never has what I want.
That and they are more expensive than they are worth. Like collectable torches, I got a three head dragon soul and a 2 head jester for about $100 altogether. They are still coloring up from being fragged but they look awesome.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying zoanthids.

They grow too fast, take up real estate, and are a magnet for detritus and sponges.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making the mistake of believing that I would never make that mistake again…..oh wait….every days a new day

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Setting up another tank. When my current tank is taken down, whenever that may be, it will be a full exit from the hobby for me. I will not make the mistake of thinking “this is it. I’ve finally fixed all the kinks and have the perfect setup.”

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll never have nor recommend any gets GSP. No exceptions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
getting married

Actually- walking away from a running RODI unit

Last edited:

Michael's Marine Park

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a skimmer when I didn’t need it. Bottomed out my nutrients and got Dino’s. 3 months later dino free and keeping nitrates between 5 & 10

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back