What is that ?

Etienne 97

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2024
Messages
244
Reaction score
68
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that small thing around 3/16 1/4" it seems to have polyp on it

20260114_182509.jpg 20260114_182352.jpg
 
Looks like a couple polyps on it, kind of like a baby cypastraea. You have a spawning event? Or get live ocean rock?
 
I don't have any cypastraea i have some hammer frogspawn kenya tree a green and a purple some zoa and paly a stylophora birdnest forest fire digitata a montipora digitata a golden rod anacropora a pavona fuzzy some ricordea and a chalice coral i have start that tank almost 2 years ago with dry rock and dry sand
 
That is a survivor. Appears there was a frag glued there (last year?) that "died" but has now resurrected (Halalulah, It has risen!), but something is growing there and looks fairly happy.


Y A Y Yes GIF by Djemilah Birnie
 
I agree, that looks like a survivor, maybe a stylo baby
 
The only coral i have lost is a white ish pink gonio and 2 torch i have never glued a frag there i will let it grow and see
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new