What is the best way to get rid of Dino’s?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Should skimmer be kept on? Also should filter media like Purigen and matrix be left in the tank during this time?
Yes and dump daily. Remove media for now

gd1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch - no vibrant !!! No nopox either as they are fuel to feed the dino !
Give tank a good siphoning and turn off lights for 5 days. Add at Night 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons to the tank. Each day siphon and during day add 1ml of liquid bacteria such as bacter 7 to the tank. 5th should be clear of dino. Feed tank food as normal during treatment.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to do this myself. What I thought was some diatoms after adding a group of anthias & causing a bit of an algae bloom, its got a bit stringy this morning. Its only on the sand bed & goes at lights out.

My NO3 was at 5 & PO4 at 0.05 yesterday, which is what its been for a few weeks. This is after me trying to raise from 0 for both so I haven't "bottomed out".

Quick questions, if you add the bacteria like bacteria 7, doesn't this remove NO3 & PO4?

Also when you say dump the skimmer cup, do you mean into the sump or throw away as you would when cleaning it weekly?

Cheers

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm thinking I'm going to have to do this myself. What I thought was some diatoms after adding a group of anthias & causing a bit of an algae bloom, its got a bit stringy this morning. Its only on the sand bed & goes at lights out.

My NO3 was at 5 & PO4 at 0.05 yesterday, which is what its been for a few weeks. This is after me trying to raise from 0 for both so I haven't "bottomed out".

Quick questions, if you add the bacteria like bacteria 7, doesn't this remove NO3 & PO4?

Also when you say dump the skimmer cup, do you mean into the sump or throw away as you would when cleaning it weekly?

Cheers
Bacter competes with the Dino not promote it and throw away skim from cup daily

Korkuc36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch - no vibrant !!! No nopox either as they are fuel to feed the dino !
Give tank a good siphoning and turn off lights for 5 days. Add at Night 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons to the tank. Each day siphon and during day add 1ml of liquid bacteria such as bacter 7 to the tank. 5th should be clear of dino. Feed tank food as normal during treatment.
Will peroxide hurt any of my corals? Softies and sps

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back