What is the easiest anemone to keep

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rvs187
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2020
Messages
88
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 55 gallon reef tank 6 months old ....just finished the ugly stage.
I have
Clown fish
2 fire fish
Yellow watchmen gobby
Mandarin dragonet
Lawnmower gobby
Yellow tang
Idk if that make a difference new to the hobby
 
Aiptasia and majano are pretty easy ;) in all seriousness as long as you got a stable and mature tank shouldn’t be hard to keep any of the above, just research on them previously to a purchase
 
As covered by those above, rock flowers on the market these days are really stunning (note that they will not host clowns), BTA’s are fairly easy - you just have to make sure you start with a healthy one (not white or very pale and It’s foot is attached in the LFS tank). Choose carefully anemones should live hundreds of years if well cared for :)

BTA’s are not natural hosts to common clowns, but if you are lucky they may host. What clowns do you have and are you specifically looking at anemones that your clowns will host?
 
As covered by those above, rock flowers on the market these days are really stunning (note that they will not host clowns), BTA’s are fairly easy - you just have to make sure you start with a healthy one (not white or very pale and It’s foot is attached in the LFS tank). Choose carefully anemones should live hundreds of years if well cared for :)

BTA’s are not natural hosts to common clowns, but if you are lucky they may host. What clowns do you have and are you specifically looking at anemones that your clowns will host?
I have a reg clown fish ... I was just looking for anemone ... if the clown hosts great but it wouldn’t be a big deal
 
I have a reg clown fish ... I was just looking for anemone ... if the clown hosts great but it wouldn’t be a big deal
In that case, any of the anemones mentioned by cell should be doable dependant on which one you like the look of better.

For a carpet, I'd give it longer for your tank to establish, and you skills at reacting to issues to develop if brand new to reefing (around 12 months) personally. All the others I'd say go for it now as long as your tank is stable but do your research as to their needs.

Lighting is also very important for news, what do you have ?
 
In that case, any of the anemones mentioned by cell should be doable dependant on which one you like the look of better.

For a carpet, I'd give it longer for your tank to establish, and you skills at reacting to issues to develop if brand new to reefing (around 12 months) personally. All the others I'd say go for it now as long as your tank is stable but do your research as to their needs.

Lighting is also very important for news, what do you have ?
I have 2 AÍ prime 16hd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new