What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 5" Koran Angel. Took a chance with it in a reef and paid the price 3 days later. Ate giant chunks of my zoa colonies. Had to remove almost all my rock work to get him out. Beautiful fish, PITA though! Lol

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lavender Tang. Even after QT this fish infected my reef with Euranema and decimated the fish population. Lost 70% of the fish. Even in hospital tank while treating disease this fish was the devils spawn. Kicked the crap out of my big Blue Spot Goby. Ended up giving the fish away.

BlueWaterTropicals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I worked in a LFS back in TN. We had fish that was brought back to the store because the owner was moving and couldn't take their fish with them. It was beautiful but on the large side, about 4-5". It stayed in the store for about 8 months and the owner asked me if I wanted it. So I took it home and soon after the tormenting started, lol...

It was a Dottyback of some sorts, that's all we knew about it. Dottybacks are suppose to be peaceful community fish. This fish was the spawn of Satan! After years of not knowing, I came across a Google photo title "Royal Devil Dottyback", low and behold, it was my fish!!! Its a Palawan Labracinus cyclophthalmus aka Royal Devil, Fire-tail Devil, LOL.
Labracinus-cyclophthalmus-El-Nido-Palawan.jpg

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I worked in a LFS back in TN. We had fish that was brought back to the store because the owner was moving and couldn't take their fish with them. It was beautiful but on the large side, about 4-5". It stayed in the store for about 8 months and the owner asked me if I wanted it. So I took it home and soon after the tormenting started, lol...

It was a Dottyback of some sorts, that's all we knew about it. Dottybacks are suppose to be peaceful community fish. This fish was the spawn of Satan! After years of not knowing, I came across a Google photo title "Royal Devil Dottyback", low and behold, it was my fish!!! Its a Palawan Labracinus cyclophthalmus aka Royal Devil, Fire-tail Devil, LOL.
Labracinus-cyclophthalmus-El-Nido-Palawan.jpg

Gorgeous fish - I wonder if it's quick enough to get away from the Maroon Clown?

SpsJunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you all think I am stupid for this but I just bought a lionfish. I really like that fish, and I know what will happen when it gets a bit larger. I do regret buying it and want to get rid of it but the wife really likes it as well. As soon as the first fish goes missing its gone!

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I posted this topic on another forum. 200 replies and most of them were Six Line Wrasse, Damsel and Powder Blue Tang. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that fish.

Scribe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the damsel. 3 Stripe. Couldn't put anything in the tank with him. Hand full run of my 90 for the last 10 + years.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry eyed hawkfish had to tear down entire tank to get him out

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bicolor dottyback
casualties include : copperband butterfly, french angel and my first lighting system which fell in the water after trying to remove him!
he finally found a wonderful home in the belly of my uncles lionfish.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bicolor dottyback
casualties include : Copperband butterfly, french angel and my first lighting system which fell in the water after trying to remove him!
He finally found a wonderful home in the belly of my uncles lionfish.

wow

Palting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine? Six Line Wrasse. It's the devil.

Not current, but years ago a six line wrasse.

Years ago, I posted this topic on another forum. 200 replies and most of them were Six Line Wrasse, Damsel and Powder Blue Tang. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that fish.

That's 5 for the 6 line wrasse so far, and mine makes 6! Mine isn't really that bad in the fish community I have, but there are so many other more colorful wrasses out there that I can no longer get.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame angel. I don't have one yet but my hubby simply will not leave me alone about getting one, and he's convinced it won't hurt anything >.<;; I told him it's gone the moment it starts damaging coral. He agreed, so now I have to go through the motions and let the probably inevitable happen.

Imtheguy35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arch eyed hawkfish!! He tormented all my fish!! Killed two gobies and a chromis... I had to tare down my tank and still had a heck of a time catching him!!

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a powder blue tang and never had a problem with him at all. When I first added him, my yellow tang beat up on him but he never beat on anything

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One Spot Foxface..... it was great for the first two years but it suddenly developed a taste for my Zoas and I lost about three huge colonies before I could get it out!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back