What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

BlueWaterTropicals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish - I wonder if it's quick enough to get away from the Maroon Clown?

I would be more concerned with the clown being bullied by the Devil. I had a Cinnamon Clown (similar to a Tomato) get beat up by it. It is a beautiful fish but very aggressive. Its the only one I have ever seen in person and wish I hadn't, lol.

CoralMD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me is my blue dot jawfish. Pretty fish but stresses me out knowing if it's in the display the overflow or the sump or even carpet surfing.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I posted this topic on another forum. 200 replies and most of them were Six Line Wrasse, Damsel and Powder Blue Tang. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that fish.

My Powder Blue of almost three years now has never been a problem. Yeah he darts around and flashes when he's feeling his oats, but he's never harassed another fish. The other fish are Matted Filefish, Tribal Blenny, Flame Angel, 3 Blue Green Chromis. I love this tank because there is zero aggression!

Trickdout69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be a powder blue. I have had him a while and he beats up my yellow tang and even killed two cleaner wrasses. I really don't want to but I think it's getting time for him to go

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love reading some fish stories. I also will vote for a 6 line. He was the smallest fish but thought he was the largest. He got too close to the overflow and stayed in that for awhile then one day made it down the pipes into the sump where he lived out his days tormenting the crabs and snails.

I learned years ago about damsels whoever named them obviously did it as a joke. Isn't a clownfish a damsel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Trae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sailfin tang! Bullied my Naso to death. But i got my revenge with adding a Foxface!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL +1 on the Cherub angel. Still have 2 Flames and a Coral Beauty in the tank and they were never the problem the cherub was. It went to live with the eels.

The 2 remaining blue green chromis also went to live with the eels after they killed 1 of the pair of ocellaris clown fish.

I do miss the neon dottyback. Evil little SOB but beautiful and one of my first salt water fish. Able to keep a purple, diadema and bicolor dottyback in the 75 with a lot of live rock and other hiding places, but 4 dottybacks was too many.

keri2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tailed blue damsels. For some reason I thought it would be great to have 3 of them. They are jerks and it took until I sold my tank before I could catch them. They tormented all of my fish and the only ones who stood up to them were my clowns. HATE....

Jenaleigh1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw one of those while snorkelling off Sugar Beach in St. Lucia. Beautiful. Glad you posted that bc I wanted one but had not been able to find out what it was.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a few years ago, but my Neon Velvet went rogue and tore up every coral in the tank; soft, hard - everything.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back