What is the highest price you would pay for a yellow tang?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't buy them when they were around $40-$50, but ironically now that they're are less common I would probably get one if I saw it for $50 but not much more. If it cost much more I agree that I would just get a purple tang, I like them more anyway.

Upvote 0

guysmiley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Zealand

Attachments

• yellow.PNG
    yellow.PNG
    75.4 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 1

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry go interrupt. Does anyone know why this thread has the Upvote under each post?
Huh, I've seen it on several threads but I've never know what it was for, so I just looked it up. Apparently any thread that is a question (I'm assuming it goes by the title) gives the chance to upvote to basically vote on your favorite answer. If I'm wrong about this hopefully someone will correct me.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 for captive bred. My wild one was 70... picked it up the day of the ban just because. I am not a Tang person but it’s growing on me as it’s been well behaved. My Kole tang is sumped though for being a jerk.

Upvote 0

ForrestGump

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $25 for mine from a fellow shutting down his tank a year ago. He's turned into a jerk lately and has started harassing my purple tang that he has been with for over a year now.

Upvote 0

bked180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $26 at LFS 5 years ago. Today I probably wouldn’t pay more than $100.

Upvote 0

s_spowart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the highest price you would pay or have paid for a yellow tang?
I will only get tank bred fish of any description, mainly because it is less damaging to wild population, less stressful for the fish, and encourages the breeders.
As yellow tangs are only available tank bred now, and have become very rare in the hobby, my local fish shop in the uk rarely gets them in, and the last one he had sold for £375. It may well go up more than that.
That is more than I will pay, my limit is about £250 for a fish. I would go for purple but the only ones they get are wild, so I am concentrating on corals which are more easily aqua cultured.
It is easier getting captive bred fish in other countries, seen them for sale on US sites, and German ones. Was tempted to go to Germany and come back through channel tunnel but I would have to check the rules first. It is those stupid rules that are preventing things coming in to the UK, and I dont want it to be confiscated and destroyed at the border just because my paperwork wasnt right.

Tempting though it is to just hide it in my suit case, i dont believe in doing anything illegal even if the rules are stupid. All caused by the Brexit I didnt want or vote for.

Upvote 0

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the highest price you would pay or have paid for a yellow tang?
$60. Wild. $119. Captive. Y'all crazy if you are paying more. Fisheries being shut down have been a topic of discussion and a thing since I can remember. I've been in the hobby since the 80's. So, no to the greed. What's the phrase. "Never let the opportunity over crisis passed by without taking advantage of it." We've been seeing a lot of that haven't we? Especially in the US.

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back