What is the highest price you would pay for a yellow tang?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not buy one post the shut down. I think mine will last many more years so I don’t anticipate buying one in the future.
I cannot think of my reef tank without a yellow tang so I really don’t understand the though of people dislike the yellow tang. I think they are among the most beautiful and flashy of the tangs.

Upvote 0

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I really want one I’d pay whatever the going rate is, that’s kinda how it works.

Upvote 1

Gill K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the highest price you would pay or have paid for a yellow tang?
In the UK £20 - £50 as you say getting less easy to find. Mine is 5 years in my tank and beginning to look a bit aged. No idea how old it is though. Would definitely replace it, the brightest fish in the tank. visually and intellectually :)

Upvote 0

Carpenter Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tangs are beautiful creatures with huge personalities. They are becoming more common due to the ability to breed them in captivity. And for that a yellow tang will always be a fixture in my tanks. They are priceless and I will pay whatever the average cost at that time may be.

Upvote 0

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$44.99

Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Upvote 0

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the highest price you would pay or have paid for a yellow tang?
I have two. One of got for $50 I think along with a midnight clown. The other I got for $80 from Petco. It was looking bad at the store and I was thinking about saving it but didn’t want to spend $80 then the next day I heard about the Hawaiian ban and went back and got her knowing the price was about to go way up. She was all sunken in and her dorsal fin was being picked at but another fish in the same tank. I’m glad I decided to pull the trigger cuz she’s doing great now in my 65 gallon. Hopefully went she gets too big the market will still be high when I need to find her a new home. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them better than purples, but I can't see paying more than $80 for either fish. I like bright colors, more than 1 of the same species in my tank, fish that naturally live near the corals I keep - and few other fish fit that.

At $100, I want a special showpiece - for now, it is still just a common fish.

I don't understand why the price is so high, and I don't expect it to stay high. They are not endemic to Hawaii, they are all over the Pacific. They only came from Hawaii because Hawaii had great quality fish and relatively cheap shipping to the US. But with Hawaii shut down, they should be the offered for the same price as cheaper similar sized fish coming from Indonesia, Fiji, etc.

Upvote 0

Rogueaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d pay no more that $75 each. I have 5 of them and have people offer me over $200 for them, which I turned down. It seems when something is rare or not available people will pay crazy stupid money for things.

Upvote 0

walloutlet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll pay whatever the cost is to feed mine a healthy diet so they live for a long time, that way I don't have to worry about purchasing one! Hopefully, Nori prices don't get jacked up too! LOL!

Upvote 0

kcinnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to not buy them for the store if the were above $9... They should be a $30 or less fish for the typical medium. Large and up all bets are off, shipping fish gets expensive fast.

Upvote 0

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not buy one post the shut down. I think mine will last many more years so I don’t anticipate buying one in the future.
I cannot think of my reef tank without a yellow tang so I really don’t understand the though of people dislike the yellow tang. I think they are among the most beautiful and flashy of the tangs.
they're nice without question... nicer than a Purple or a Gem is arguable though. The price point on a yellow sits right between those two now which is pretty crazy.

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back