What is the most desirable,

mrgreenthumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my list of top 5 le's
1 tyree alien eye watermelon
2 OGOME (original gangsta oregon mummy eye haha)
3 Bubblegum monster
4 tyree red watermelon
5 ome

those are my favs, all of which wil run you at least 100 an eye, all seem to be difficult to come by, unless your in the chalice clique's, and all seem to be sold out everywhere I look for them so i guess that makes them deseriable too.

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I saw some nice thing such as BGM, WM, ME etc on ebay. I never try to buy them ebay because I'm afraid I might end up with not the real thing. That's not to say that I can't buy the fake stuff somewhere else either. I like to trace for lineage when buying an LE. I wonder if it is easy to trace lineage on ebay.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I saw some nice thing such as BGM, WM, ME etc on ebay. I never try to buy them ebay because I'm afraid I might end up with not the real thing. That's not to say that I can't buy the fake stuff somewhere else either. I like to trace for lineage when buying an LE. I wonder if it is easy to trace lineage on ebay.
It is possible you just have to know who you are dealing with on the other end.

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible you just have to know who you are dealing with on the other end.

Yes that is true but there are so many dealer on ebay. I also heard some horror stories on ebay as well. For this reason and many more, I choose to stay away from ebay.
PS I can't never understand that bidding thing. Why can't they just set the price and sell whatever they have with that price.

Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could understand the melting pot being the most desierable if it looked the way it does in the one pic that seems to be floating around everywhere.......but i've only seen one pic of a frag, and it looked nothing like the one mother colony pic....havn't seen an updated pic of the mother colony either.....I guess I don't understand why the most desierable chalice is one that no one seems to have seen as of recently...... or even fully know what it looks like....not trying to be rude or anything.......i agree to each his own, its all subjective to your own minds eye :)

Let me get this out!Most of the melting pot frags which are very few are very small and don't have much color yet.I have posted my frag to show because it is what it is.Trust me I have seen a melting pot frag if you want to call it that. It looks just like the mother and is bad to the bone.I bet very few have seen it and right now they don't want it posted because they would be hounded to death.I kinda wished I never posted mine because I get emails all most everyday.The melting pot is top dog and will be for a long time.Give these few frags a few years and it will blow all chalices out of the water.Demand is very high and will be the hardest and most expensive chalice on the market.I can buy most any chalice on the market but bet you will have a very hard time finding a frag of the melting pot.If you do you better have $ to put down.Rumor have it Tyree is trying to get his hands on it.LOL

Last edited:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the most desirable because of the hype once its a proven coral then I agree its worth the price until then theres many others out there I'd like to have and I see my names still on top for a flamethrower frag just let me know I'm ready lol.

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the most desirable because of the hype once its a proven coral then I agree its worth the price until then theres many others out there I'd like to have and I see my names still on top for a flamethrower frag just let me know I'm ready lol.

No problem buddy. It's getting very close to time to frag the Flame Thrower. I am being extra cautious with it. It is doing very well and has almost 6 new eyes since the last picture I released of it. I will try to get some new pics when I get some time. Where moving in to our new storefront and have been super busy. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you reefboy.:haha:

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MM is the only coral I ever regret not picking up a few years back. I have seen a few others that look similar, but the name itself makes it a very desirable piece.

grknyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could understand the melting pot being the most desierable if it looked the way it does in the one pic that seems to be floating around everywhere.......but i've only seen one pic of a frag, and it looked nothing like the one mother colony pic....havn't seen an updated pic of the mother colony either.....I guess I don't understand why the most desierable chalice is one that no one seems to have seen as of recently...... or even fully know what it looks like....not trying to be rude or anything.......i agree to each his own, its all subjective to your own minds eye :)

I Agree
I saw a pic of that melting pot chalice once and it looked nothing like that pic above. As a matter of fact I think it was removed. That same pic keeps floating around without any new updated pics. Kinda reminds me of the same footage of Osama you keep seeing.
Is it still around?
The frags Ive seen look nothing like it anyway. I guess I just blew my chance of owning it one day.LOL.There are nicer ones out there if you ask me.

Last edited:

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MM is the only coral I ever regret not picking up a few years back. I have seen a few others that look similar, but the name itself makes it a very desirable piece.

you had a chance to et the MM? that's more than most will ever get :D

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again what makes the Monster Mash so special the fact theres next to non left because to me it looks like a watermelon don't get me wronge a nice one but still a watermelon so is the name and fact that most have lost theres make it desirable I would think color and hardiness would make it desirable.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I most desire ALL CHALICES! :)

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you had a chance to et the MM? that's more than most will ever get :D

Would you please forward to me the info on any nice chalice that you folks had a chance to get but don't want it. I'm new to the chalice world. So any piece would be a nice new piece of chalice that I don't have yet. :)

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you please forward to me the info on any nice chalice that you folks had a chance to get but don't want it. I'm new to the chalice world. So any piece would be a nice new piece of chalice that I don't have yet. :)

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for here. There are hundreds of chalices out there that are available to hobbyists. Spend some time looking at the various chalices threads and narrow it down to what you like. Then start looking for those pieces. It takes a while to figure out where you can get them and who has what but you'll get there.

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for here. There are hundreds of chalices out there that are available to hobbyists. Spend some time looking at the various chalices threads and narrow it down to what you like. Then start looking for those pieces. It takes a while to figure out where you can get them and who has what but you'll get there.

Thanks but if you fallow this thread then you'll know the chalices I'm looking for. Ktar knows the chalice that I really want. :)

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to sell everyone a frag of Melting pot but at the current time i have been trying to get my mother colony back to the original colors. So as of now i will not touch the colony and wait until it color back up. In about 6 months this chalice will be popping again and i will have my expensive camera to get a good close up, attinic, and daytime. I just want to make it clear i dont own or have ever used photoshop.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to sell everyone a frag of Melting pot but at the current time i have been trying to get my mother colony back to the original colors. So as of now i will not touch the colony and wait until it color back up. In about 6 months this chalice will be popping again and i will have my expensive camera to get a good close up, attinic, and daytime. I just want to make it clear i dont own or have ever used photoshop.
I know how you feel KTAR. My mother colony of the flame thrower is not the biggest, and I have a waiting list a mile long. The first person who comes up with a fast forward growout chamber for corals is going to be a millionaire. Where's Gene Roddenberry when you need him... after all he is the one who first dreamed up PDAs and flip phones right?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back