What is the most desirable,

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think BPC is right to come up with your own name even if it maybe is the same coral. It's like the Miami Hurricane and Pumpkin Patch they are the same coral but named different...

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i already have the flamethrower. No ebay for me.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that are not familiar with the Flame Thrower thought I'd post a pic.

Flame-thrower-1.gif

Nino, if you imported the original colony I would agree that its exclusive to you. The fact that you got your piece from the same person that coralfarm123 and pwoller, who traded his 2 colonies, one to the captive reef and the other to myself, makes it the same coral. Also, the fact that your piece is shown on the same unique 3" diameter, 3/4" thick rough texture frag stone that my colony tells me they came from the same person. FWIW, Ktars piece came from me so it is the real thing. If you want to coin some BPC originals, I suggest you start importing.

Dont get upset that people are hindering your $300 price tag and say others don't have the same coral just because you coined the name......

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't see a need to name the exact same coral multiple names. It's too confusing. Just like the MH and PP, does this coral really have to have 2 names?
It's great if you coin the name. You go in the history book as the guy who name that coral.
Ok back to the root of this tread. What are some of the most desirable chalice out there? Thanks

Last edited:

Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices not so rare and desirable when you know a few other colonys floating around.LOL!The price will go down for sure with that kind of news.

Last edited:

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry everyone. Didn't mean to start anything. I was just curious, I swear. Now I know what it means by "curiosity killed the cat" :D

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices not so rare and desirable when you know a few other colonys floating around.LOL!The price will go down for sure with that kind of news.

There are no colonies floating around unless you consider a few 1x1 frags colonies.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with all the new chalices being introduced and the importation of them really booming these days,we are gonna have so many choices and names to come up with it's really gonna get confusing..I have seen a ton of nice new stuff lately, it's crazy..I love it!!!

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to me like chalices will soon go the same as micros. with all the new
ones coming in. You can get last years 100 a polyp micro for $10.00 with just a
few exceptions and then for 1/4 of a few months back.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with all the new chalices being introduced and the importation of them really booming these days,we are gonna have so many choices and names to come up with it's really gonna get confusing..I have seen a ton of nice new stuff lately, it's crazy..I love it!!!

It's true that there are lots of new varieties coming in and lots of them look amazing. For me, beside the looks, I wouldn't consider them unless they are tank proven, which eliminates much of what's out there. If you take that out of the equation, there simply aren't that many nice ones left.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's true that there are lots of new varieties coming in and lots of them look amazing. For me, beside the looks, I wouldn't consider them unless they are tank proven, which eliminates much of what's out there. If you take that out of the equation, there simply aren't that many nice ones left.

I cannot tell you how many really nice chalices came in to my lfs and just never made it through. I only buy tank proven chalices myself.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats the truth.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have brought so many nice chalices to the nice store only 1 made it out of 25. Here's the picture. I have had it for over a years and it colored up really good.

sumphookup933.jpg

Last edited:

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is true, gotta be tried and true, that's why for all you folks who think Tyree LE/AE are a pointless waste of money, the fact of the matter is, not only do they hold their colors and grow in a captive enviroment, it takes out all of the guess work and breaking the wallet from doing it yourself...

OP
OP
I

IamRit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention all the LE and Tyree corals hold their value.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is true, gotta be tried and true, that's why for all you folks who think Tyree LE/AE are a pointless waste of money, the fact of the matter is, not only do they hold their colors and grow in a captive enviroment, it takes out all of the guess work and breaking the wallet from doing it yourself...

LOL........don't get that started again. One side track is enough for this thread :crossedlips:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back