What is the most functional low tech system that one could have success with

SeñorPingaSalada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This my first post on R2R after so many years of just doom scrolling threads haha. I currently own a 90 gallon LPS dominant reef which is pretty low tech. id say i get cold feet with things like apex systems and controllers of the like but i am open to using them in the future. That being said my 90 gallon is my second tank in this hobby after upgrading from a 30 gallon cube. Now i am starting to get the itch for much larger tanks. I love the options in stocking fish, i would say I'm an oddball in which i certainly have bias leaning more towards fish than coral. I am currently working towards making that larger tank a possibility and wanted to know. What would be the most simple way of maintaining a larger tank in terms of equipment (simple for me in this context would be ease of maintenance and possible automation just made simple if that makes sense) . I was thinking the smallest id like the tank to be is around the 300 gallon range meanwhile the largest id like would be in the 500 gallon range. I know this is a massive leap but i know that is what i want and don't really wish to make small little upgrades all the time (for now haha). This new larger tank would ideally be my first attempt at an SPS dominated system as i believe that i could have more success if i cater to one group of coral as i can target their needs specifically especially with the added buffer of having a larger tank (id probably keep a Goni or two though ;)) . Sorry for the long post just really excited about this topic!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a thread here called "Minimalist Reefer". It's new and you would be welcome to join the discussion. It's only just getting started.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back