What is the one product, food or additive, that you can physically see make your corals happy as soon as it is added.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing polyp booster and AF amino acids and KABLAM! Algae.
I was dosing very conservatively and the corals reacted well but I'm not pleased with the side effects. Also my pH dropped. Maybe related, maybe not.
Don’t take this the wrong way, but the side effects you mentioned are not simply a result of the product but really more accurately represents your filtration systems inability to keep up. All products add extra nutrients (regardless of any claims to the contrary) but it is my opinion that the aquarist should never run filtration at full throttle. So my point is that if you decide to feed corals then you may need to turn up filtration but this needs to be possible in the first place with your existing system. IMO reef aquariums should have filtration abilities that exceed their capacity, and should be tuned down accordingly. Many people blame algae blooms etc on new products but this is not a fair complaint.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Euphyllia and Goniopora go crazy for this.. it’s a new product made in Australia and I love the fact that it’s a complete coral food. Not to mention 60% protein. My fish eat it too.

Attachments

• BCFDF763-E107-437C-BC28-CDA35AD7A566.png
    BCFDF763-E107-437C-BC28-CDA35AD7A566.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 844BAFD6-6C97-416D-8A6F-34E78EC52450.png
    844BAFD6-6C97-416D-8A6F-34E78EC52450.png
    363.3 KB · Views: 42

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t take this the wrong way, but the side effects you mentioned are not simply a result of the product but really more accurately represents your filtration systems inability to keep up. All products add extra nutrients (regardless of any claims to the contrary) but it is my opinion that the aquarist should never run filtration at full throttle. So my point is that if you decide to feed corals then you may need to turn up filtration but this needs to be possible in the first place with your existing system. IMO reef aquariums should have filtration abilities that exceed their capacity, and should be tuned down accordingly. Many people blame algae blooms etc on new products but this is not a fair complaint.
What you don't know is I stopped feeding Reef Roids and switched to Booster and Amino Acids. I decreased the overall feeding.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back