What is the snowflake eel max thickness?

Picasso the Triggerfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, im planning to make 3 PVC pipe caves for the future snowflake eel, the problem is that I don't know what is it's max thickness and I need to know that so I don't have to worry to change the cave for a bigger one once it outgrowns it, what is the max thickness of a snowflake eel?
 
Last edited:
Agreed. A 2" pipe should be sufficient. If you go 2.5 that ought to be more than enough.
The real important part is the length, the cave should be at least long enough for the eel to have its full length, without bending.
 
hi ,i have seen 2" diameter 26" long ,largest i ever in 30 yrs,3 " is fine ,2 1/2 " min..they like to spin and double wind in tubes,send us some pic's when ready..happy reefing
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new