What is the Trick to Get SPS Polyp Extension During the Day?

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it true that blue light will measure less on a par meter? Some of these came from a tank which much more par.
I’ll probably let things sit w/o the clown goby. Wait for icp test to come back, and do a water change while feeding during the day to see if they change
Is it true that blue light will measure less on a par meter? Some of these came from a tank which much more par.
I’ll probably let things sit w/o the clown goby. Wait for icp test to come back, and do a water change while feeding during the day to see if they change
Clown goby? You’ll never see any polyp extension with that little acro munching monster!

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s out. I just can’t believe he would affect 15 acros
He absolutely will. I stupidly put a clown goby in my 135 years ago and had to fish him out a few days later. It took several weeks for the acros to start showing normal polyp extension.

Last edited:

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He absolutely will. I stupidly put a clown goby in my 135 years ago and had to fish him out a few days later. It took several weeks for the acros to start showing normal polyp extension.
I’m in the waiting game then. Like everything in the hobby

Khalilkaram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the right flow is the most important part on the PE matter and for sure not having a nipping fish including the tangs one i saw lots of tangs nipping on coral it self not the algae part

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny, at night I can see a few acros polyps out. Still none during the day. The one millipora I have is the true sign of my success…still nothing from that one

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a combination of things that affect PE during the day. I wrote an article on this subject:

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a combination of things that affect PE during the day. I wrote an article on this subject:

Thanks. I’m either dealing with stability issues or accumulation since these corals are new. I doubt it’s too much light as they came from a tank getting 400-600 par and currently in my tank they are around 200-250

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back