What is this (algea)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aras
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aras

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
10
Location
Oxford, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this thing on one of my rocks. I think it's been in some dark areas on a rock for a while, but recently I noticed that it's been spreading...
It feels soft and slippery, but at the same time pretty thick and hard to remove (requires quite a bit of toothbrush action).

2016-05-05.png
 
Its a sponge.:)
A pretty one too. Very good clean up crew.
 
Thanks. I would have never guessed... I was actually making plans how to nuke it! Will leave it alone now :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new