What is this called?

Oroborous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how this pvc piece is called, seems to have a silencer or add something. I had one in my overflow and it cracked and I am trying to get a replacemant but I am not sure what it is called and where to find that piece.
41ciSkSRiuL.jpg

OP
OP
Oroborous

Oroborous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone knows where I can get that durso drain one piece?

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe he's talking about the shielding into the drain. To be clear, you're talking about the strainer over the pipe or the entire pipe?

OP
OP
Oroborous

Oroborous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big pipe, not the return one. The chubby one with the silancer thing attached and drilled hole

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one pictured is a marineland overflow kit. Not sure if they are available separately online, but your LFS can probably order it for you. I may actually have some old ones at home.

OP
OP
Oroborous

Oroborous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one pictured is a marineland overflow kit. Not sure if they are available separately online, but your LFS can probably order it for you. I may actually have some old ones at home.

I found this on Amazon it said the brand name was Aquenon. What does that Strainer piece attached to the 90 degree elbow do? Does that help with things getting in there or something like snails etc?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, maybe so. Aqueon don't make tanks with corner overflows though (maybe the wedge). Strainer keeps large debris from clogging the drain.

OP
OP
Oroborous

Oroborous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for responding. I will give it a shot and try to build one. I think Bulk Reef Supply has these strainers for sale.

Back