What is this coral and is it best fed the same way as other sps?

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Trying to get an ID on this guy and the best way to feed him. I've been using reef chili.

Screenshot_20191203-194517.png

Reef Pro Corals
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Nooooooooob1

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like pavona, LPS. Small particle foods like reef nutrition oyster feast and reef roids
Very interesting! Thank you. If it's LPS, should I give it the lower flow of LPS? Or should I keep it up in the high flow area with the other SPS?

C. Eymann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
+1 for med to high flow, Pavona is SPS, it's also a great beginner SPS too, pretty hardy and comes in some cool growth forms, most species like P. cactus, decussata and frondifera can really only be found in green and have a cactus like growth form, P. maldivinesis is a species that grows in more of a columnar and encrusting form and is typically bright orange, but can be found green as well in rare cases.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
+1 for med to high flow, Pavona is SPS, it's also a great beginner SPS too, pretty hardy and comes in some cool growth forms, most species like P. cactus, decussata and frondifera can really only be found in green and have a cactus like growth form, P. maldivinesis is a species that grows in more of a columnar and encrusting form and is typically bright orange, but can be found green as well in rare cases.
Don't know why I said LPS, whoops ;)

What is your most favorite type of reef tank?

• SPS dominated

Votes: 172 21.9%
  • LPS dominated

Votes: 58 7.4%
  • Soft Coral dominated

Votes: 26 3.3%
  • Zoa dominated

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • Mixed Reef

Votes: 485 61.7%
  • Fish focused

Votes: 13 1.7%