What is this in sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter ds1000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ds1000

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Messages
49
Reaction score
16
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this today gliding across the glass in my sump. Any ideas?
1000000319.png
 
Flatworm, remove it
 
Okay. Need to find him again lol. What problems do they cause?
 
Okay. Need to find him again lol. What problems do they cause?
depends on the type of flatworm. We will know more with a closer pic
 
Usually flatworms will damage coral, check and see if you have more in your sump!
 
Can someone Identify this?
Runcina sp. Headshield Slug - good guy:
I'm thinking a Runcina sp. headshield slug - if so, members of the genus reportedly feed on diatoms, so it would be a keeper.

If you do a Google Images search for "Runcina species" you should get a number of good images you can compare with; the (at least mostly) solid white and black stripes forming the collar there can be found a few different species in the genus, but I'm not familiar enough with the genus yet to know which species your specimen might be.
I've been able to find for sure is that they reportedly eat diatoms, algae, and "dead marine phanerogams" (dead seagrass).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new