What is this on my Naso Tang?

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought this guy the two days ago. I noticed this spot yesterday and was very faint. Today it has gotten darker and maybe pushing out against it's skin. I don't remember seeing this when I purchased it. He is picking at the rock, has eaten some seaweed and some frozen brine shrimp. He is showing the normal color changes; white spots, dark color and then changing back to it's normal colors. I have read that it could be a number of things but most of them have spread, this is the only spot so far. He is housed with two clowns, two firefish, a pajama cardinal and royal grammar. Thanks in advance.

MB3_7137.jpg MB3_7133.jpg MB3_7120.jpg MB3_7110.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like stress spots or perhaps legit parasites — blotchy color and sometimes what appears to be hyper melanization aren’t uncommon for the first few weeks or so.

Any other symptoms? Heavy breathing? Scratching? Flashing? Spots? “Dusting”?

OP
OP
CmbFish

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! @LIreefguy But is there a name for this condition? I know they have these white marks that appear and disappear and the white dots that look like ick but also go away, and of course the darker shades... thanks again...

OP
OP
CmbFish

CmbFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like stress spots or perhaps legit parasites — blotchy color and sometimes what appears to be hyper melanization aren’t uncommon for the first few weeks or so.

Any other symptoms? Heavy breathing? Scratching? Flashing? Spots? “Dusting”?

Thanks @4FordFamily !! He's very calm and going about his business. He's eating and swimming around the tank freely. He hasn't shown any symptoms and swims up to the glass when I sit there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back