What is this on my trochus snail????

PizzaIan339

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2023
Messages
652
Reaction score
697
Location
Mansfield
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago I bought some trochus snails from the lfs and I noticed this guy had something strange on him but I saw it move today!!! I attached pics and a video so you can see.
IMG_5594.jpeg
IMG_5592.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg


If you are wondering I am referring to the wired white thing at the end of the green tube. There are also small needle like things coming off of it.
IMG_5596.jpeg
image.jpg
 
Looks like it could be a feather duster best case. Worst case if it moved spots it could be aptasia. Either way easy enough to take out of the tank and remove. if it has a hard tube it was a feather duster if it’s soft and mushy it was aptasia. Give it a very good rinse after in a separate container of tank water. And you should be good to go.
 
Ok thanks it is hard tube so I think it is a feather duster. Do I have to remove it or can I keep it on? The snail does not seem to be bothered and it is sort of cool!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new