What is this on my trochus snail????

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago I bought some trochus snails from the lfs and I noticed this guy had something strange on him but I saw it move today!!! I attached pics and a video so you can see.
IMG_5594.jpeg
IMG_5592.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg

If you are wondering I am referring to the wired white thing at the end of the green tube. There are also small needle like things coming off of it.
IMG_5596.jpeg
image.jpg

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it could be a feather duster best case. Worst case if it moved spots it could be aptasia. Either way easy enough to take out of the tank and remove. if it has a hard tube it was a feather duster if it’s soft and mushy it was aptasia. Give it a very good rinse after in a separate container of tank water. And you should be good to go.

OP
OP
PizzaIan339

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks it is hard tube so I think it is a feather duster. Do I have to remove it or can I keep it on? The snail does not seem to be bothered and it is sort of cool!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back