What is this please: Montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter flowflezy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
262
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1374798035998.jpg
 
Thanks :) thats what I thought it was too but guy said poker stars...
 
The guy I got mine from said it was some weird name I don't even remember but it looks just like the rainbow monti so I don't really know for sure, but that's what I call mine lol.
 
I am assuming that's a photo from a camera phone so with what I see, I'd say it is a Rainbow Montipora. The Pokerstar has all green polyps I believe and yours looks like the colors of the polyps change a bit like the average Rainbow Monti.
 
Pokerstar is called that becasue it is a Tyree Monti that has green polyps with orange centers in the polyps. Making the polyps look like poker chips. ;)
 
This is poker star's with a blue light then
 

Attachments

  • 1375029623171.jpg
    1375029623171.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 145

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new