What is this polyp looking thing?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple weeks ago I added a half pound piece of live rock to my nano as an island for the mushroom I’m planning on adding. Today I noticed this really small thing that looks kind of like a polyp on the rock near a hole. Any idea what it could be? There’s also a similar looking one towards the back of the rock as seen in the second picture. They both flow with the current and occasionally close up really fast as if they’re trying to catch things. The video I’m attaching is a zoomed in clip of the first one moving with the flow. Should I leave them be or are they gonna become something bad?
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8549.jpeg


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new