2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Looking for an ID on this Alien.

Thinking its a nudi but want to be sure it is reef safe

Pulled out a rock with some with some coral and was dipping in chemi clean and iodine
CCAE9866-B013-4DB4-BFE5-A10AC43C80E1.jpeg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it is a sea slug of the Elysia genus, but not the common "Lettuce sea slug" from the same genus (though it could be). I've seen similar pictures before during my general research and reading on this forum, but I cannot remember the other species in the genus to determine exactly which it is.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,looks like type of sea hare "bunny" ?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it is a sea slug of the Elysia genus, but not the common "Lettuce sea slug" from the same genus (though it could be). I've seen similar pictures before during my general research and reading on this forum, but I cannot remember the other species in the genus to determine exactly which it is.
there isn't a single "common lettuce slug", the ones most often referred to as the lettuce slug in the hobby are Elysia Crispata, Chlorotica and Clarki. Im not sure its an elysia slug, coloration and shape are not like any elysia slug ive seen.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it might be Elysia obtusa, but I'm not sure. If it is, then it would be safe, as it would feed off of macroalgae (not sure what algae though, some sarcoglossan slugs have weird preferences).

Back